Thursday, November 13, 2008

Disaster Up-Date


Life is good!! I have finally got my kitchen put back together again. My garbage disposal is working really good, and really grinding food. I am really loving that.
But to top off my week, Saturday night the dishwasher came. We have been waiting for about 2 weeks for the darn thing... And now it is finally here!! Yea!:) We bought it from Home Dept. and they were suppost to install the thing, so I figured that saturday night I would walk into a well put together kitchen, but that was not the case!! I walked into a kitchen where my husband was underneath the sink, wiring the plumbing for the new dishwasher. Mind you my husband is a Land Survey by profession, not a plumber!! He told me that the crew that came to install the dishwasher said that they would not do it, dropped off the product, and left. (Oh, they did haul away the old one thought) So that left Troy to install. By 9:00 p.m. Satuday night we had the dishwasher installed. So we thought that we ought to run a trial load, to see if there would be any leaking! So away we went... Not 10 minutes into the cycle, our new dishwasher starated beeping at us and telling us that there was a drainage problem.. Man we thought, we are not finished with this process. (I do believe Troy really wanted to scream, but he kept his cool :D) We stopped the dishwasher and proceeded to check into this new problem. Within 15 minutes we had the garbage disposal taken apart, and found the problem. We need to punch a small hole so the dishwasher could drain... Any way to make a long story just a little shorter, this was not the end of our kitchen flooding problem. Sunday morning I cooked breakfast and then began cleaning up. Do the dishes and loading my new dishwasher, when all of a sudden I was standing in water!! Not again I yelled at Troy, and yes, it was again... Our sink was leaking!!! A A U G H ! ! ! ! ! This problem was another small fix, if you are wondering we didn't need to buy anything to fix this. Just had to tighten the disposal. So there you have the dishwasher--disposal update. And to wrap it all up I could have just said!!

The inside of my new dishwasher!!! I Love it!!!

Disposal repair.............................................$110.00

Dishwasher replacement................................$649.00

Troy's repair costs..............................................$43.00


Mitchell Family Kitchen finally put back together again....UH--Priceless

3 comments:

Sassy Lu said...

I'm so glad that you have everything put back together and functioning again. We get so used to all of these modern conveniences and just don't know what to do without them. Troy is a good man for not loosing his cool. I'm sure my husband would have taken the dang things, thrown them off the back porch and shot them with his riffle!

Tara Mogle said...

I seriously don't know what I would do if the dishwasher quit working. I sometimes like to do the dishes by hand...call me crazy, I know.But if I HAD to do them by hand I know I would hate it. Good thing Troy is a fix-it kind of guy. If that happened to us we would be in big trouble.

Annette said...

You crack me up! You should have column in the newspaper!