Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer Softball












Summer softball is over for the Mitchell family, and in a way I am sad. We spent every monday and wednesday night at the ball field. Marquel loves playing, and had a really good season. She played on the Cedar City Summer League team. It is a machine pitch league. At first she was mad because she so wants to play Little League or be on a traveling team.. (She just didn't make the dead line) So machine pitch had to do.
Every inning you could here Marquel in the field yelling "come on ladies, just one more out!" now I wonder where she has heard that before. It was so darn cute.



Her 2 most favorite things about softball.


1- Playing 1st base--why? Because she is involved in every play.


2- Hitting-- She loves hitting against the machine, and would rather hit then ever have to field a ball.


Her biggest complaint
WHY DON'T WE EVER PRACTICE!!! that just drover her crazy. She is so competive, and after loosing her second game she looked at me and said "mom we would win if my coaches would just hold a practice... How are we ever going to get better and be able to win if we don't ever get to practice.!" All I could tell her is that she was right, her coach did need to have a practice.
As the season went on they all improved and she had a great time. She is just sad cuz it isall over.

Marquel and her team after the game!

1 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like fun!!!

About my class blog...Well, it's sort of a secret. I asked my principal at the first of the year if it was something I could do. He said he had to get in touch with the district lawyers to find out if it was legal or whatever. I asked him like 6 times, and finally just did it. I sent home a note with various options parents could check and asked for their signatures and then told them it would be set to private so no one but those with access could see it. I mainly just posted fun holiday stuff and my kids (that actually looked at it) loved it. I was disappointed that so few parents took advantage of seeing their kids in a class blog, but what do you do? Sorry to leave that all in a comment, I don't have your actual email address!