Sunday, June 15, 2008

Marquel's Baptism




It's official, today Marquel was announced as the newest member of our ward. It was awesome.

Last saturday we went to Manti to have Marquel baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was such an awesome experience to see my little girl go into the waters of baptism. Her grandpa Harold baptized her and confirmed her. Before she got baptized they had a small program with a couple of talks and a couple of musical numbers. My mom gave a talk on baptism, and then to our surprize Elder Pace from the 70's gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. What a neat experience it was to have Elder Pace speak, he spoke on the first time he felt the Holy Ghost. He did an amazing job!




Marquel and her Grandpa Harold and Grandpa Wally


Lots of family came to share in this special day; Uncle Jared and Aunt Traci, both her grandparents, her sister Kayla and then Troy and I.

Marquel and Grandpa Wally

After her baptism we all got changed and then headed to get something to eat. Uncle Craig meet us at Los Amigos to grab a quick bite.

Marquel I am so proud of you!!

3 comments:

The Wright's said...

Congratulations Marquel!!! You look so beautiful and I am sure it was an awesome service. I love the pictures!!!

Kim said...

I SERIOUSLY can't believe that your baby girl is 8! Oh my gosh, it freaks me out! She is so adorable and it sounds like she had a really special day! Congratulations Marquel!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!! Where has the time gone!! I can't believe she's 8. Congratulations Marquel!! It's been waaay too long since we've seen each other Teresa! Love Ya! Esther