Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cross Country Riding

Capital Reef
Well, I haven't told anyone of the latest venture that Troy has been on... About 2 months ago Troy called me at home and asked me to meet him at the motorcycle store, and to grab my check book. Well, I looked at the time, and said it's too late. 15 minutes later Troy is home and telling me to get my checkbook and hop in the car. I could only imagine what he was up too. I was thinking a new 4-wheeler, cuz that is one of our favorite past times, but I was way wrong. He wanted a brand new street bike... How could I argue? (Mid-life crisis is what I was thinking!) Well, I couldn't and I didn't. So that night Troy drove home on a new yamaha 1700 street motorcycle.. 3 weeks later, I get another phone call from Troy, he is in Hurricane buying a new helmet, and to my surprize me a new motorcycle. I was thrilled! I had been on a couple of rides with him and loved it. Not 2 hours later, I was on the road to meet him so we could pick up this new bike for me. I am now the proud owner of a Yamaha 650.
As soon as Troy had purchased the bikes he began talking about a road trip. Just him and I riding the open road. I was all for it and could not wait to see where this trip would take us. We bought a Utah Road Map and began looking for rides... Well we found one that we thought would be perfect. We would leave our house on a friday morning, travel the back highways to Capital Reef, stay there a night and then head over to Bryce Canyon, stay another night and then back home. I was pumped, but knew I had a lot of work to do before we could go. Not growing up on motorcycles or dirt bikes, I knew I was going to need to practice, I would need to get a motorcycle licence, and become very comfortable on my bike. After about three weeks of practicing, I felt good enough to take the test. To my surprise I passed in one try... I am now a legal motorcycle rider.

Well, our Utah Road Map would now become a reality.. We left just this past friday and man did we ride. We rode 100 miles on friday to end up in Torry, we were able to visit one of my old volleyball players, we were both tired from the ride, so went to bed so we could get up early to ride through Capital Reef. What an amazing experiece it was to be on a bike riding threw the park.. I don't believe it can be explained. I would just say you need to do it. After leaving the park we rode threw the Grand Stair Case National Park.. This was my least favorite, but one of Troy's favorite.. We just can't believe how small we really are in this great big world. We then went through Boulder Utah and then landing in Tropic. To finish off our trip we drove to Bryce and then went through Red Canyon.
We got home on Sunday, butt's sore, wind blown faces, and very very tired. But we had the time of our lives...







Grand Stair Case National Monument

Indian Storage Boulder Utah

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Look at you go! That sounds like SO much fun and a fun thing for you and Troy to do together. You go girl!

The Wright's said...

THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!! I could never picture you on a motorcycle but I am a little jealous!!! I am glad that you guys have those bikes and that you can do fun things like that together. God Bless the Open Road should be your guys new theme song!!! :)

bandkworky said...

That sounds so amazing. I would love to take a trip like that, but I think my balance is to horrible to be able to ride a bike!