Monday, October 20, 2008

Tiger Pride


Last tuesday night Marquel brought home a red slip saying that she was going to recieve an award in school the following day, and parents were invited to see the presentation. Since I am finished with school every day at 11:30 a.m. I jumped at the opportunity, and told Marquel I would meet her at the elementary for the assembly.
The assembly started with the pledge, and then the entire elementary sang the "National Anthem." Sure wish I could have recorded it for all of you to hear. After that they presented Marquel and the other 9 students with the Tiger Award for Service! I have been told by many of Marquel's teachers that she is always helping and volunteering to do what ever is needed for any of her classmates.




Marquel, Congrats on earning the Tiger Service Award!!

1 comments:

Sassy Lu said...

That is awesome. Isn't it nice to have good kids?? This is the first time I have seen a picture of Marquel up close. She is a Buchanan through and through! Beautiful girl....inside and out!