Sunday, August 2, 2009

Check It Out

Saturday night Troy's friend Dave invited us up to his property on top of Cedar Mountain. Our plan was to get a couple of steaks, bbq, and shoot the bow's on Dave's small target range.

Let me tell you I was so excited. I have wanted to learn to shoot a bow for quite some time. Troy is an excellent shot and has been taking Kayla out to shoot. Marquel has wanted to shoot also, so Troy found her a small bow that she can begin to learn on, and I, well, I don't have a bow. I wanted to shot one just to see if I would like the sport. I got to shoot one arrow... Wow!! It was awesome! Only one problem.... I SHOOT LEFT HANDED!!! And knowone has a left handed bow. So while shooting right handed, I could not see the sights, so I just pulled back, and let an arrow fly! Sunk that arrow right into a tree... It was AWESOME!! I couldn't tell what I was shooting at, but loved the rush... I am not wanting to find and buy a left handed bow.

The one and only arrow I shot! Am I good or what... I should tell you the target was about 10 feet away from where my arrow landed... Oops. ;)
Our adventure didn't end there, Troy taught Marquel to shoot, and she absolutly loved it! Infact, she shot for a good hour, Troy also did some shooting and lived up to my expectation! He is an amazing shot!


Marquel learning the art of shooting a bow!


Her first shot.

Reload!

2nd shot! Looking good!


Arrow successfully hitting target!! Way to go Marquel!

My amazing husband!! Shooting like a Pro!


Dinner was Great! and the company was AwESomE! Thanks Dave for letting us come. As for my bow. I will be sure to keep you all posted:)

1 comments:

Annette said...

I have always wanted to shoot a bow, but my dad was into guns, so that's what we always did. Love target shooting. (two new posts! way to go!)