Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Costa Vida Ranch

So, a few months back, Troy and I were craving Costa Vida Ranch! There is a dish that I make, a simple one at that, called Chicken and Rice. Well, the dish just needed a pick me up so we began searching for the missing ingredient. Come to find out it was Costa Vida Ranch!! Now you can find it in our fridge daily.
I thought I would share the yummy recipe with all of you:

Copy Cat Costa Vida Ranch

1/2 jalepeno (seeds and all... Unless you don't like it real hot!)
1 clove garlic
1 tomatillo
1 handful cilantro
1/3 lime (zest and juice)
1 cup milk
1 cup mayo
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch mix

Blend all ingredients except the mayon in the blender until all green is very tiny
Add blended ingredients to bowl with may and whisk
Chill

On occassion I will add green onions (chives) I think it gives really good flavor. And if you are like Troy and I and don't know what a tomatillo is. It is a small green tomato! Hope you enjoy it! We sure do..

2 comments:

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

YUM!! I love Costa Vida...I'm excited to try this recipe! If only there was a Costa Vida here...Bajio is pretty good though...if you haven't tried it, you should it's delicious!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

Sounds good!
How are you? Are you still coaching volleyball in Cedar? Hope you guys are doing well!