Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bathroom Makeover

A couple of months ago, I decided that I was tired of our bathroom, and felt like I needed to do something about it. The quickest way to refresh a room is new paint, so I went to Home Depot, (Now, I have never painted before, so I went and picked out some color samples, and a book on painting.) After much looking and reading on painting, I went and had the paint of my choice mixed. Next I was going to need the painting tools. There are so many tools to pick from, but I finally settled on a roller, and some sponge brushes, a paint tray and some painters tape. I was now ready to paint my bathroom.

After three days of painting and some serious clean up here are the results! I absolutly love the look of my bathroom. Now I do believe I am ready to move onto a bigger room! Just need to settle on a color!

Before the paint, boring white

Taping off the doors

First coat around the tub

Finished! I two toned the doors and just love them.

I finished off the bathroom with a great vinyl thought

8 comments:

Corey and Arleen Jensen said...

Love it!! I like thedoor idea, have never seen that before, might have to try it. How are you and the family? When you come up let me know and we'll do lunch or something. I will be in Cedar,St.George are the end on July. Going to the Tuachan(SP??) want to go with us?

michael. mindy. dane. said...

It looks great! I love it. Go you!

Annette said...

Wow, I'm impressed! You have skills I never knew about!

Kim said...

Super cute! Painting can be such a pain but it's always a nice change!

Cashelle said...

Very inspiring! You make me want to do the same thing!

pOlloCk FaMiLy said...

Coach! That looks so great! Everyone is painting it seems? I want to. That looks fun. How you been anyway? Man I miss ya.

April Leydsman Mason said...

Very cute. Do you want to come and paint my bathroom now?

Cameron and BreAnn said...

Looks awesome! You and Arleen are quite talented....not my area, even though I wish it was! Hope you're doing well!